Shadbolt Group has secured a subcontract to support the construction of the SEA 1180 Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) for the Royal Australian Navy. The Arafura class OPVs, the next generation of offshore patrol vessels, will replace and improve existing patrol boats that are vital assets for the Royal Australian Navy in maritime patrol and response duties.
With Luerssen Australia, Shadbolt Group is providing a comprehensive range of shipbuilding services, including:
- Consolidation of blocks including transport, lifting, alignment, and welding
- Heat straightening and Keel line measurement, monitoring and execution
- Continuous dimensional checks, welding, and straightening
- Tightness tests
- Installation of stabilizers
- Installation, alignment, and welding work
- Positioning and hot installing of anodes
- Prefabrication and installation of foundations, deck outfitting, gun foundations, water- and weather-tight hatches, windows, stairs and ladders, railings, and more
Shadbolt Group is honoured to be a part of this critical project, which will provide the Royal Australian Navy with enhanced maritime patrol and response capabilities. The company has a rich history of working on major defence projects, demonstrating its commitment to providing the highest quality of service.
Shadbolt Group provides engineering, maintenance and support services to the defence shipbuilding industry. The company has a long-standing reputation for delivering world-class engineering solutions, backed by a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers and welders, and operations staff. Shadbolt Group is committed to providing the highest quality of service and has been recognized for its excellence through various accreditations, including:
- AS/NZS ISO 3834 Part 2 International Institute of Welding
- DNV Welding Workshop Approval Certificate (Approved for Hull Structures, Hull Equipment and Machinery Components)
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016 Quality Management System (Manufacture and Installation of Steel Fabrication structures, equipment, and components)
Shadbolt Group is a trusted partner for defence projects, consistently delivering exceptional results that meet the rigorous standards of the Australian Defence Force.